Wipro Rides on the Recovery Wave with New Notebook
As per IDC reports, notebooks market will see a growth of 12% in India and with this expectation, Wipro has rolled out e.go, its new range of notebooks in India.
Talking to CXOtoday, Anand Sankaran, Chief Exclusive of Wipro Infotech said, The industry has gone through a rough period during the last two quarters but we are seeing a sign of recovery since January 2009 and expect this trend to continue. We have launched our new range we reach out to the bold new Indian.
This is Wipro s second range of notebooks launched and will cater primarily to the Indian market. What more the e.go comes in three models and most unique one is the 7F3800 with a 10 inch ultra portable netbook priced at Rs 19,990 excusive of taxes. It comes in four vibrant colours including chrome red, ocean blue, racer yellow, autumn red and coral blue. We are setting a new revolution by coming out with a netbook priced sub of Rs 20,000 that more ever comes with such high features, said Ashok Tripathy, General Manager & Head, Computing Division, Wipro Infotech.
The notebooks have been designed integrating aerodynamics contours with advanced thermo dynamics to ensure perfect harmony of design and function.
The company plans to reach out to the enterprise as well as the consumer segment. We have seen a negative growth in the enterprise segment but the consumers continue to show a positive trend in sales, said Sankaran.
Besides the range also comes with all Green features that are eco-friendly and have all RoHS complaint features installed that can be recycled without causing any damage to the environment.
In fact, Wipro recorded a 60-70% jump in notebook sales during the last year but due to the present global scenario doesn t permit similar growth this year, said Sankaran.
Wipro will target the consumers segment by selling its new desktops at Reliance Digital, Next and Pantaloon s E Zone outlets across the country. We expect to add more retailers in the coming months, said Tripathy.
Wipro has a manufacturing capacity of 1.5 million units from its two units at Pondicherry and at Uttaranchal. However, they did not disclose if the plant is utilizing its full capacity at it two units or not.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Ness Appoints Vinay Rajadhyaksha To Drive Digital Business
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Leveraging Digital Technologies For Manufacturing
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story
- Narvar Appoints Srivatsa Narasimhan As India VP
- Conversational AI: Driving The Next Generation Customer Experience
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Nov 6-11)
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 30-Nov 3)