Wipro Technologies expands operations in Korea
Wipro Technologies, the global IT services business of Wipro Limited, has opened its new office in Seoul, South Korea and appointed of Ki Young Jang as its Country Head.
According to Wipro Technologies, Korea has potential as an IT services market and is looking at an ‘exponential growth of business’ in South Korea. To begin with, Wipro already has a number of large and global accounts based in South Korea. The company will offer product engineering services and cater to key verticals such as technology, manufacturing and finance, serving both local and global customers.
Ki-Young will have overall responsibility for company’s business in the country and will be based out of the Seoul centre. Ki-Young will oversee the go-to-market strategy, drive revenue growth to further the company’s position as a business transformation catalyst. Ki-Young has over 25 years of experience across sales, marketing and alliances. Prior to joining Wipro, Ki-Young has worked with IBM & Bearing Point in Korea.
"Korea has shown tremendous resilience in overcoming the global financial crisis and with leading global companies and other very large organizations based here; we strongly believe that we can bring value to them through our global experience and capabilities," said Rajat Mathur, senior VP & chief sales and operations officer (APAC), Wipro Technologies.
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Is Gender Gap In Tech Industry Getting Any Better
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report