Wipro To Expand Its HIS Model On The Cloud
In order to have a shared distributed network even in the remote corners of the country, Wipro Limited is planning to introduce its Hospital Information Systems (HIS) on a cloud computing model.
Wipro will be adding other service lines to its existing SaaS model like electronic medical records on the web and specialty modules for general doctors and specialist consultants.
Even though the cloud computing project is very nascent, the new cloud computing model will on a distributed network and will offer more benefits than the existing SaaS model, said Harvir Sawhney, general manager of Wipro Healthcare Limited.
Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) is one of Wipro s new clients, having more than 20,000 hospitals spread across India. I feel insurance will be a bit thing cloud, besides the kiosks, said Sawhney.
The system will help doctors maintain patient records for data efficiently, provide better care and diagnosis to their patients, reduce patient waiting time by managing the services and billing processes better. It also drives profitability in the hospitals through strong MIS and business intelligence and provides integration among all departments of the hospital.
All that is required is a dedicated connectivity to the Wipro datacenter server and hospitals can use the software on a real-time basis like it is in their own office, said Sawhney.
As part of the project, Wipro will also introduce biometrics in Hospital Information Systems (HIS) in about 150 hospitals.
Wipro had introduced a "pay per use" model earlier where the small and mid-sized hospitals have to pay just a monthly user based subscription fee and hence even very small hospitals with few users can use the service which aims at addressing the challenges faced by the healthcare provider community.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- How Top E-tailers Are Gearing Up For Festive Sale
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Rubique To Expand To 100 Cities by March 2018
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel