Women Hold Just 1 in 5 Sales Leadership Positions
Sales leaders across the globe report sourcing quality sales professionals as a top challenge and priority for 2018, according to CEB, now Gartner. However, that same research shows that women hold just one in five sales leadership positions and only one in four midlevel sales manager roles. The percentage of women in frontline sales management has remained flat for more than 10 years.
“Women are underrepresented in all levels of sales, despite the urgency to find strong talent,” said Cristina Gomez, sales practice leader at CEB, now Gartner. “In addition, we’ve found that women also report not having the same opportunities as men in sales.”
The study found that only 50 percent of female sales professionals feel they have the same opportunities for advancement as their male counterparts, despite having the same skills, experience and qualifications. However, when asked the same question, 91 percent of men believe women are given access to the same opportunities.
“This is not only a fairness issue, this is also a business issue,” said Gomez. “The success of every sales organization depends on its ability to attract, develop, and retain high-performing sales professionals and effective sales leaders.”
Advancing gender diversity in the sales organization not only expands the potential talent pool, but also brings other business benefits to the sales organization. The analysis shows investing in women leaders can help to stabilize the workforce and promote further diversity. In fact, companies with a high level of gender diversity more than doubled their annual revenue compared with competitors with an average or low level of gender diversity.
To combat this challenge, forward-thinking sales organizations are making, attracting and retaining high-performing female talent a priority. You can read the full report here.
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- Talent-Mobility Gap Drives Talent Away: Study
- Twitter's India Country Director Taranjeet Singh Steps Down
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations
- Cultural Transformation: An Upheaval Or Metamorphosis?
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Gartner's 5 Emerging Technology Trends Every CIO Should Know
- Paytm Mall Eyes $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March'19