Worldwide UTM market surpassed $1 billion in 2011: Gartner
Asia-Pacific had the strongest growth of any region in 2011, growing 31.8 percent in 2011.
Worldwide unified threat management (UTM) revenue reached $1.2 billion in 2011, a 19.6 percent increase from 2010 revenue of $972 million, according to Gartner.
“The UTM market is in the midst of a transition of its customers from older technologies, such as stateful firewall inspection, to the latest next-generation firewall technology supporting application control capabilities,” said Lawrence Pingree, Research Director at Gartner.
He added that many UTM vendors delivered new products during the last several years with some vendors performing product refresh efforts to their UTM portfolios while others worked to expand their small or midsize business (SMB) offerings and wireless UTM offerings.
Asia-Pacific had the strongest growth of any region in 2011, growing 31.8 percent in 2011. UTM revenue reached $204 million in 2011, up from $155 million in 2010. This growth was driven by SECUI, a Korean UTM technology provider focused on the Asia-Pacific region, as well as managed security companies in this region focusing on monitoring and maintenance of UTM products as part of its overall security service portfolio, Gartner said.
North America was the largest market for UTM products, as per the report, totaling $431 million in 2011, an increase of 15.5 percent from 2010 revenue of $373 million.
The report found that Fortinet remained number one vendor in revenue in 2011, accounting for 19.6 percent of the market. SECUI showed the strongest growth, increasing its revenue 59 percent year over year.
SECUI predominately focuses its sales in the Asia-Pacific market, and it has goals of expanding globally with initiatives emerging to target the US market, Gartner said.
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Dell EMC Leads Server Market In Q4 2018, Says Gartner
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018