Worldwide UTM market surpassed $1 billion in 2011: Gartner
Asia-Pacific had the strongest growth of any region in 2011, growing 31.8 percent in 2011.
Worldwide unified threat management (UTM) revenue reached $1.2 billion in 2011, a 19.6 percent increase from 2010 revenue of $972 million, according to Gartner.
“The UTM market is in the midst of a transition of its customers from older technologies, such as stateful firewall inspection, to the latest next-generation firewall technology supporting application control capabilities,” said Lawrence Pingree, Research Director at Gartner.
He added that many UTM vendors delivered new products during the last several years with some vendors performing product refresh efforts to their UTM portfolios while others worked to expand their small or midsize business (SMB) offerings and wireless UTM offerings.
Asia-Pacific had the strongest growth of any region in 2011, growing 31.8 percent in 2011. UTM revenue reached $204 million in 2011, up from $155 million in 2010. This growth was driven by SECUI, a Korean UTM technology provider focused on the Asia-Pacific region, as well as managed security companies in this region focusing on monitoring and maintenance of UTM products as part of its overall security service portfolio, Gartner said.
North America was the largest market for UTM products, as per the report, totaling $431 million in 2011, an increase of 15.5 percent from 2010 revenue of $373 million.
The report found that Fortinet remained number one vendor in revenue in 2011, accounting for 19.6 percent of the market. SECUI showed the strongest growth, increasing its revenue 59 percent year over year.
SECUI predominately focuses its sales in the Asia-Pacific market, and it has goals of expanding globally with initiatives emerging to target the US market, Gartner said.
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- 5 Things To Expect If Bitcoins Are Legalized In India
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market
- 5 Supply Chain Management Trends for 2018
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation