Yahoo! Official Internet Partner for ICC
It seems the International Cricket Council (ICC) has realized the enormous benefits the Internet has as a medium of marketing and propaganda. Yesterday, it roped in Internet giant Yahoo! as its online partner for all ICC events.
What Yahoo! gets out of it
After a troubled 2008, this year has begun on a positive note for Yahoo! The 3-year deal entitles Yahoo! to exclusive online content rights & marketing entitlements for major ICC tournaments, including World Cup 2011, ICC World, Twenty20, and ICC Champions Trophy. Yahoo! will also have access to exclusive images, videos, interviews and player chats around all major ICC events.
Yahoo! to Launch dedicated ICC site!
For its part, Yahoo! has created an exclusive property called iccevents.yahoo.com, which will host all relevant information for every ICC event. Yahoo! has also launched a new, global cricket website — cricket.yahoo.com. Yahoo! calls it the ‘complete resource’ on the game. It is expected to feature news, updates, images, match schedules, statistics, and player profiles. The site however is still in the beta version.
(A snapshot of Yahoo’s ICC events property)
ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat said, "In today’s technology-driven world, this is a massive boost for the ICC and cricket. The ICC corporate website and the various event sites that will spring from this partnership will set a new benchmark for innovation and user interaction to ensure that people who choose to follow their team online are rewarded with an entertaining and exciting experience."
- Adobe Acquires Cloud Marketing Firm Marketo
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- IT Veteran Shyam Ramamurthy Joins Goals101 As Chief Product Officer
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations
- Scalable, Secure Govt Data Centers For Online Citizen Services
- Integrated Marketing Helps Connect With Consumers Effectively
- Businesses Need Events to Stay Relevant: Experts
- Online-Offline Channel Mix Leads To India's Smartphone Growth: IDC