Yahoo's new acquisition to step up mobile ad plans
After a lackluster second quarter results, Yahoo has announced yet another acquisition, this time to step up its mobile advertising plans. The company to be acquired is AdMovate, a startup that comes up with solutions to bring behavioral targeting to mobile advertising. The financial terms of the acquisition has not been disclosed.
The AdMovate team confirmed in a statement “Our goal is to help marketers engage their consumers at the right time and place through personalized messages.”
Yahoo has always expressed its interest to re-focus on mobility as Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer declared at a recent live webcast from the company’s headquarter in Sunnyvale, California: “Yahoo’s future is mobile, and we’re delivering our products mobile first.”
The company said in a statement: “The acquisition is part of our efforts to invest further in advertising technology platforms—Apt, Genome, and Right Media—and make buying easier for advertisers and agencies. Admovate’s personalization technology accelerates our capabilities in mobile advertising, and we gain an exceptionally talented technical team.”
Yahoo has been considerably investing in new talent and solutions while admittedly cutting dozens of products as well. Besides, the $1.1 billion acquisition of Tumblr, Yahoo made eight acquisitions during the second quarter alone including Summly, Astrid, Milewise, Loki Studios, Go Poll Go, PlayerScale, Rondee and Ghostbird Software.
Yahoo officials believe that the new acquisition is also intended to directly impact the company’s bottom line. However, analysts and industry insiders wonder when will the start connecting the dots between all of these purchases.
- Securing The Enterprise In An App-Centric Economy
- 75 pc Of Mobile Apps Will Fail Basic Security Tests
- Popularity Of Online Video Ads May Lead To Price Drop
- Cyber Attacks On Financial Cos On The Rise
- Uninor's New Project To Bridge Mobile Gender Gap
- Can Tim Cook Recreate The 'Apple Magic?'
- Mobile Phones Soon To Oust Humans: A Gain Or A Pain?
- Government Encourages 'Incredible India' Tour On Mobile
- Video, E-Commerce Drive India’s Online Ad Market
- Reve Expands Mobile VoIP Service With Video Calling