Yahoo's new acquisition to step up mobile ad plans
After a lackluster second quarter results, Yahoo has announced yet another acquisition, this time to step up its mobile advertising plans. The company to be acquired is AdMovate, a startup that comes up with solutions to bring behavioral targeting to mobile advertising. The financial terms of the acquisition has not been disclosed.
The AdMovate team confirmed in a statement “Our goal is to help marketers engage their consumers at the right time and place through personalized messages.”
Yahoo has always expressed its interest to re-focus on mobility as Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer declared at a recent live webcast from the company’s headquarter in Sunnyvale, California: “Yahoo’s future is mobile, and we’re delivering our products mobile first.”
The company said in a statement: “The acquisition is part of our efforts to invest further in advertising technology platforms—Apt, Genome, and Right Media—and make buying easier for advertisers and agencies. Admovate’s personalization technology accelerates our capabilities in mobile advertising, and we gain an exceptionally talented technical team.”
Yahoo has been considerably investing in new talent and solutions while admittedly cutting dozens of products as well. Besides, the $1.1 billion acquisition of Tumblr, Yahoo made eight acquisitions during the second quarter alone including Summly, Astrid, Milewise, Loki Studios, Go Poll Go, PlayerScale, Rondee and Ghostbird Software.
Yahoo officials believe that the new acquisition is also intended to directly impact the company’s bottom line. However, analysts and industry insiders wonder when will the start connecting the dots between all of these purchases.
- Mobile App Should Stand Out To Woo The Enterprise
- Flipkart Setting New Trend In Mobile App Shopping
- The Other Side Of BYOD: Are You Prepared For The Face-Off?
- Who’s Getting Hired In Tech This Year?
- Twitter CEO Dick Costolo Upbeat On India Market
- Mobile-Cloud Strategy: Microsoft Ties Up With Samsung
- How Semiconductor Market Is Poised For Big Growth
- Are Marketers Leveraging Mobile Local Search?
- Businesses Still Ignoring Mobile Apps Security
- Xiaomi Is Now India's Top 4G Handset Seller