Your Tweets at Workplace Can Now Be Monitored
Using Blue Coat PacketShaper appliances, enterprises have the ability to see and control Twitter, which allows them to set appropriate IT policies to either enable or control collaboration.
Understanding which social media tools are being utilized and how employees are using them is valuable information that helps network administrators set and enforce corporate policies, said Steve House, director of product marketing at Blue Coat Systems. Blue Coat PacketShaper appliances provide the visibility, actionable intelligence and control that enable enterprises to fully realize the value of their network investments.
PacketShaper appliances can identify and classify more than 600 applications and can monitor more than 100 metrics per application session. This visibility enables network managers to limit the impact of recreational applications and optimize the performance of business applications by applying granular controls such as bandwidth guarantees, limits, prioritization and other quality of service mechanisms.
According to statistics from Nielsen NetView, there were seven million unique visitors to Twitter in February 2009, an increase of 1,374 percent from February 2008. This increase is consistent with continued growth in enterprise adoption of social networking tools.
According to a survey by Awareness, 75 percent of employees were already using social networking sites for business purposes in 2008, an increase of 15 percent from 2007. The same survey also found that 61 percent of businesses use social networking to improve communication and collaboration.
The new software plug-in for Twitter is available immediately and is free of charge to customers with a current maintenance agreement.
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Helping You Escape Competition With UPI Payments
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- How Artificial Intelligence Can Enhance Employee Engagement
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce