Zebra Unveils High Speed Retransfer Printer
Zebra Technologies’ latest Zebra ZXP Series 8 retransfer printer offers a host of options for smart card encoding and networking.
This printer is ideal for applications such as high security ID cards, driver’s licenses, gift cards and financial cards. The Zebra ZXP Series 8 produces photo-quality cards at nearly twice the speed of other retransfer printers currently on the market.
Some of the ZXP Series 8 retransfer printer features include:
- Photo print quality
- Best in class throughput for printing, encoding, and laminating
- True over-the-edge printing
- Ability to print on smart cards or cards with uneven card surfaces
- Ability to print on non PVC cards such as polycarbonate and biopolymer cards
- More durable and abrasion resistant cards
- Some fraud protection since the film is inherently tamper evident
- XML-based SDK for easier application integration
Standard and optional features of the ZXP Series 8 retransfer printer include: magnetic stripe encoder; combination smart card contact and contactless encoders; contact station; USB or Ethernet connectivity; and security mechanical locks. Planned future options include support for UHF Gen 2 RFID encoder, single- and dual-sided laminator, and 802.11g wireless connectivity.
"Industry adoption of retransfer printing has been slow, in part, because of slow print speeds and high costs," said Ram Ramaprasad, director of product management for Zebra Technologies. "Zebra developed the ZXP Series 8 printer to respond to the industry’s need for an on-demand retransfer printer capable of delivering higher print speeds at lower costs without sacrificing the image quality. Zebra also developed the ZMotif software platform, to make application integration easier than ever."
"The ZXP Series 8 is designed to significantly improve the efficiency and security of today’s enterprises" said Andrew Tay, president of Zebra Technologies, Asia Pacific. "The printer comes with a XML-based software development kit that supports a broad array of features and technologies, making it easier and faster for enterprises to integrate the device with host of other applications. With the ZXP Series 8 printer in place, corporations, businesses and organizations can now take advantage of the benefits of retransfer printing and deploy high quality ID cards without compromising security."
- Five Key Availability Predictions For 2018
- Only 8 pc Global Enterprises Are 'Truly Intelligent', Says Study
- Trump RAISEs Good News For Indian IT
- Reimagining The Credit And Debit Card
- Video Streaming: A Sneak-Peak Behind The Scenes
- Micromax Forays Into Premium Smartphone Segment
- Biometrics-Enabled Tech To Become Enterprise Reality
- Experts Launch Mock Attacks To Test Banks' Cyber Security Readiness
- India Will Face A 65% Hike In Mobile Frauds: Study
- HyperX Expects 20% Growth In Memory Card Making Market