ZTE chalks out huge growth plans for India
Chinese telecom equipment provider ZTE is banking heavily on the Indian market for growth. The company, which is the fifth largest handset player globally, is targeting $800-million revenue next year in India. This is double of what the company earned as on October this year.
ZTE had partnered with Pune-based Calyx to enter the handset market in India in May this year. Since then, it has launched many smartphones and aims to sell two-million units by next year. For ZTE, India contributes a mere 5% to its overall revenues. However, it expects a significant portion of the revenue growth to come from its handset business.
As a part of its retail expansion plans, ZTE will target 6,000 retails outlets across the country which according to it accounts for 80 per cent of all smartphone sales in the next 2 years. At present it has inaugurated its new exclusive experience zone in Gurgaon and announced an investment of $10 million in marketing and branding initiatives in India, both for its online and brick and mortar stores.
The company also announced it will continue to invest aggressively in its terminals business informed Xu Dejun, Chief Executive Officer, ZTE India. the company has been in India for over 13 years and is the backbone of many telecom service service providers. ZTE entered the managed services space with MTS after service contracts.
The company also said it will launch its 4G handsets by mid-2014. A senior official of the company mentioned that the company will launch 4G with voice and data in India along with three operators who are due to launch 4G in the country next year. On the network side ZTE had bagged a deal to manage Airtel’s 4G network in Kolkata and Punjab.
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- Making Communication Convenient for Rural India
- Most CIOs Not Interested In Blockchain 'Hype'
- NDCP 2018: Preparing India For A Digital Future?
- Xiaomi Continues To Rule India's Smartphone Market
- India’s 4G Feature Phone Segment To Touch 40 Mn: Report
- Key Criteria For Choosing Your IoT Connectivity Provider
- Best testing practices for successful Salesforce implementation in your organization
- Users Wary Of Making Purchases Through Smartwatches: Report