Zynga Acquires Conduit Labs
Zynga, known for online games like Mafia Wars and Farmville, has acquired Boston-based social games company Conduit Labs, which will now operate as Xynga Boston, a new game studio focused on new product development. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Meanwhile, this acquisition means that Zynga has expanded its studio operations to seven, including San Franscisco, Austin, Baltimore, Bangalore, Beijing, and Los Angeles.
Conduit Labs, founded in 2007 and funded by Charles River Ventures and Prism VentureWorks, has developed several free-to-play social games for the web. Conduit Labs’s CEO, Nabeel Hyatt, will become head of the new Boston studio while the Conduit Labs team will be immediately integrated into Zynga’s workforce, said the company in a statement.
“Boston is an epicenter for technology and has a strong talent market, making it an ideal location for us to expand operations,” said Mike Verdu, SVP of games at Zynga. “As one of the most prominent social game companies in Boston, the Conduit team shares a similar culture and drive with Zynga, and together we anticipate great successes from our new studio.”
Today’s acquisition, along with the recently announced joint venture with SoftBank for the launch of Zynga Japan, continues to extend the company’s footprint worldwide, creating more opportunities for Zynga.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- OTT Gaining Momentum Due To Faster Internet
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday