Zynga Acquires Conduit Labs
Zynga, known for online games like Mafia Wars and Farmville, has acquired Boston-based social games company Conduit Labs, which will now operate as Xynga Boston, a new game studio focused on new product development. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Meanwhile, this acquisition means that Zynga has expanded its studio operations to seven, including San Franscisco, Austin, Baltimore, Bangalore, Beijing, and Los Angeles.
Conduit Labs, founded in 2007 and funded by Charles River Ventures and Prism VentureWorks, has developed several free-to-play social games for the web. Conduit Labs’s CEO, Nabeel Hyatt, will become head of the new Boston studio while the Conduit Labs team will be immediately integrated into Zynga’s workforce, said the company in a statement.
“Boston is an epicenter for technology and has a strong talent market, making it an ideal location for us to expand operations,” said Mike Verdu, SVP of games at Zynga. “As one of the most prominent social game companies in Boston, the Conduit team shares a similar culture and drive with Zynga, and together we anticipate great successes from our new studio.”
Today’s acquisition, along with the recently announced joint venture with SoftBank for the launch of Zynga Japan, continues to extend the company’s footprint worldwide, creating more opportunities for Zynga.
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Govt Projects To Drive India's Networking Market: IDC
- Smart Digital Media Marketing Without Losing Human Touch
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story