By Rohan Joshi and Sudhir Prabhu, Co-founder – Wolken Software
It is widely known that successful businesses depend on providing excellent customer service. Nowadays, almost every workplace situation involves automation. Customers demand that businesses comprehend their demands and respond quickly with support. Numerous ineffective or superfluous touchpoints can be eliminated through automation, allowing support workers to work more effectively and rapidly on elevated tasks. Businesses and individuals must automate as much work as possible in this fast-paced world. Because of this, procedures become more effective while also saving both energy and time.
Automated Customer Service
Customer service automation minimises human effort in routine and provides alternatives, saving time and effort, including agents and consumers. Removing the human element from problem-solving may appear counterintuitive at first. However, automating your customer service eliminates the possibility of potential errors.
Customer service automation can take on many different forms, from a cleverly crafted note on a call reminder to a pre-prepared chatbot discussion. It assists consumers and finds solutions to their problems, such as modifying orders, reporting faults, locating business hours or account information, and using defined rules and artificial intelligence (AI). Speech recognition, self-service, and chatbot tools are employed to improve the client experience.
The following methods are how automation can improve your IT support and customer service:
Accurate Interaction With Customer
Customers detest being kept waiting. Among the most crucial components of a great experience, according to 80% of customers, is quick customer service.
- Chatbot & Live Chat Tools: By responding to frequently asked inquiries, directing consumers to the appropriate support staff, and even managing easy tasks like appointment booking or purchase placement, a chatbot and a live chat tool can assist you in automating customer service.
- Customer Support through Knowledge Base: Customer support via Knowledge Management, known as self-help resources, enables your customers to browse more information or solve issues by themselves. Automation can be used to streamline your support process and ensure that consumers only receive the correct response.
More Customized Client Service
- Two different techniques exist for automation to provide customised help. It can customise support instructions using the customer’s name, the language of their choice, and a fast lookup of previous order information by using information from the customer’s profile.
- The proper record of a customer, along with previous problems, is, however, stored in automated monitoring systems.
No matter which agent handled the earlier inquiries, every agent appointed to the client can view their prior communications for faster response. This enables the representative to understand the client and thoroughly provide them with personalised help.
- Intelligent automated solutions will improve customer satisfaction and ensure your consumers stick with your brand as customers’ priorities for support channels keep shifting. Their demand for rapid resolution keeps growing.
Cons Of Customer Support Automation
Eliminates Human Interaction
Simple and repeated processes are automated, eliminating human involvement. The customised touch people have grown accustomed to is lost, which is one of the disadvantageous sides of automation. Always offer the option to communicate to human operators in procedures that interact with customers to get around this. This allows the customer always to select an alternate choice and speak to an operator traditionally if they don’t like the automated response.
Rarely Fails To Provide The Desired Outcomes
Terrible experiences arise when a workflow does not generate the expected outcome or automation starts down the incorrect route.
Easy And Repetitious Processes Controlled By Automation
Companies rarely automate complicated queries because automation is intended for straightforward and repetitive operations. The complication required is too much for the customer service automation technologies to handle, which leads to workflow breakdowns.
The chatbot either doesn’t respond or responds incorrectly when a customer requests a hard inquiry. An already angry customer would strongly object to this. To overcome this, automate only straightforward jobs while keeping a careful eye on client satisfaction.
You Can Make Progress With Customer Service Automation
Providing customers with a foundation to become independent requires automated service. Automation saves your customer service team the necessary time while significantly decreasing customer effort.
Automation enhances both the simplicity and complexity of the service experience for users. Automation handles the simple challenges, freeing up agents’ time to devote all their focus to complicated problems. Consider how automating customer support may help your business grow in the larger context.
(The author is Mr. Rohan Joshi and Sudhir Prabhu, Co-founder – Wolken Software and the views expressed in this article are his own)