CXOToday has engaged in an exclusive interview with Mr. Riyaz Khan, VP– Presales & Operations, IceWarp India
- How has digital transformation shaped the healthcare industry in the last few years?
Digital technology has helped improve the quality and outcome of healthcare services. Consumers are now able to access and analyse information, so that they are able to make informed choices. Innovative solutions are offered to improve quality of care and efficiency of services. The new technology has helped reduce clinical variations.
- Please shed light on how the industry can adopt newer innovative technologies and solutions to meet the current demands in the healthcare sector.
Despite the pharmaceutical industry’s delayed adoption of technical advancements, the pandemic significantly altered the situation. Due to the difficulties and interruptions brought on by the coronavirus epidemic, pharmaceutical businesses have increasingly adopted cutting-edge technologies like AI, AR/VR, Big Data, and Quantum Computing to develop personalized products, accelerate R&D efforts, and improve the user experience. Additionally, choosing the right solutions which is compatible with their ecosystem and can be seamlessly integrated, keep the data secure and be customized for the company will make the adoption of the advanced technologies easier.
- What is the need for secured emailing solutions in healthcare and how does it make a difference?
- Workforce optimization is one of the biggest challenges faced by the pharmaceutical companies, world over. A huge section of the pharma workforce is highly volatile, especially due to the nature of their job. To maintain a steady growth of the business and ensure that the company data is protected, without dispensing extra resources to manage the high attrition rates and completing onboarding processes, it is imperative for all pharmaceutical companies to automate these processes by partnering with business suites that cater to their unique requirements. And if you engage with a brand that is serving most of the leading pharma companies in the country, you have the expertise as well as the experience needed to provide the right set of solutions for a pharma company.
- In fact, we also offer features that will help with creating clear communication channels. The other popular software is offering email, chats, video conference, etc. either in a different tab on the browser or a separate application all together. But we understand what toggling between different windows can do to one’s productivity. Hence, our users only have to open one window to use (rule) them all. Email, calendar, IW chat, TeamChat, Task Manager, Document Creation, Document Sharing and co-authoring, notes, video call, voice call. We have it All-in-One.
- What does the future of the healthcare industry in India look like with reference to tech?
Healthcare has emerged as one of India’s largest sectors, both from a revenue and employment point of view. Since we cater directly to the ‘employment’ part of the healthcare sector, over the year we have seen the growth first-hand in terms of demand and their evolving requirements. Basis that, we strongly believe that the convergence of healthcare and technology of almost around the corner and the future, for healthcare too, is certainly digital.
- What are the major challenges that the pharmaceutical industry is facing currently and how is that problematic?
- India’s healthcare sector needs to strike a balance between providing world-class care at high-end urban hospitals while also ensuring that the large rural populations have access to adequate health facilities. Factors such as a burgeoning middle class and the growing burden of new diseases have prompted the need to expand both the quality and accessibility of healthcare. Digital technologies can help address most of the basic challenges affecting healthcare in India, whether is a lack of awareness about health, access to healthcare, or the existing shortfall in the number of trained professionals.
- Additionally, since leveraging data has already become key to any healthcare player’s business strategy, we believe that it is pertinent to ensure the privacy of this data and also establish favourable regulatory environment, and policies that prioritise patient care.
- What newer technologies are being adopted to increase the adeptness of the Indian pharma supply chain?
- During the pandemic, the Indian Pharmaceutical and healthcare supply chain has been a strong pillar in the fight against COVID-19. The industry has combatted challenges like unorganised last mile service, ill-equipped warehouse facilities, and lack of trained labour and the slow pace of digital adoption and overcame these major challenges through new tech adoption and rose up to meet the new demands.
- AI and Blockchain technology were utilized to leverage Big Data whereas IoT, Robotics and ML enabled devices were leveraged for automation of warehouses. On a granular level in offices, project management tools have been a game changer in such industries to manage the functions effectively while streamlining the rapid evolution of organizations’ structure.
- What strategies is the company looking at for foraying to the other regions in India? What goals has the company set for the upcoming years?
- We are keen on expanding our footprint in the North and South region specifically. Our aim is to partner with established resellers and channel partners from specific regions to enhance their business growth by offering our email and collaboration business suite to their database. We are also focused on introducing an affordable, secure, easy to use and seamlessly integrated solution to all sizes of businesses in these regions of the country.
- Our aim is to capture a significant percent of the ‘Business Email’ market share of the country.