Rahul Mehra, Co-Founder, Roadcast shares an in-depth insight into the eminent role of tech paving the way for innovation in the supply chain sector.
Roadcast, an AI -backed Tech platform providing end-to-end supply chain management solutions provider, was founded in 2015. Vishal Jain, Anshul Jain, and Rahul Mehra started this Delhi-based SaaS company as a technology provider for logistics enterprises. Roadcast’s technology can be applied to businesses offering food delivery, logistics & transportation, electric mobility, and courier & parcel delivery. Mr. Rahul Mehra, Co-Founder, Roadcast in discussion with CXOToday share more insights on the same.
- Could you briefly describe your company and what makes you stand out from the competition?
Roadcast is one of the only technology enterprises that provides a highly comprehensive platform that combines the power of IoT for vehicle tracking and a seamlessly connected driver application for delivery uberization. We offer optimization, visibility and connectivity. We provide solutions of coordination from a single point or centralized location and are perfectly connected to the entire place.
Our delivery and Order Management Software offers enterprises a reliable platform with information such as pick-up & delivery scheduling, image recognition, auto-route optimization, audio/video surveillance, distance to the recipient, estimated time of arrival and more and we make sure that our logistics technology is ahead of the tech curve, offering the latest tech-based solutions.
2. How has the Covid pandemic affected your business and department specifically?
Covid catapulted many different silos of the industry towards digitization and for logistics, it has been a steep growth graph. It has come with its new kind of challenges and hurdles. As technology and digitisation progress at an accelerated pace so do the challenges that come with it but it is safe to say that logistics has seen massive growth, especially in the past 2 years.
Augmented by the pandemic, the e-commerce industry has become an essential component in business environs. Industry agnostic in nature, logistics has helped B2B, B2C, and D2C companies across industries connect seamlessly. Food delivery, Groceries, Fashion and lifestyle retail, E-learning, Essentials, Automotive industry, warehousing, every industry under the sun has seen a digital shift in recent years and hopped onto the e-commerce bandwagon.
With the growth of E-commerce, hyperlocal, dark stores, micro fulfilment centres, Q-commerce etc, we have been at the forefront of the change helping businesses scale up by maximizing costs and time optimization and minimizing pilferages, delays etc.
3. Where do you observe the growing demand for new logistics technology?
The current demand from the consumer is for an exceptional user experience: fast, seamless, and available, which means the traditional logistics processes must adapt or risk losing out. Technology has not only helped in furthering logistics optimization but has also augmented the evolution of related industries such as Q-commerce, EVs, and automobile connectivity. Therefore, tech-enabled solutions for companies are the need of the hour. It has become the framework upon which the retail sector is growing. From automation to augmented reality, data collection, visibility and AI, tech is helping the logistics sector evolve.
4. How are your solutions designed to achieve long-term profitability by creating customer-focused logistics?
We offer customized optimization, visibility and connectivity. We provide solutions of coordination from a single point or centralized location and are perfectly connected to the entire place. We ensure that the services are customized to the needs of our clients and provide them with options that not save time but also cost.
Our services offer End-to-end visibility which is key for seamless logistics. Real-time insights and a seamless Order Management Software can offer enterprises a reliable platform with information such as pick-up & delivery scheduling, image recognition, auto-route optimization, audio/video surveillance, distance to the recipient, estimated time of arrival and more, making sure that the movement of the order is accessible.
This reduces pilferages, saves time and money and helps in scaling up exponentially.
We are currently working with AWS and besides this, we are partners with Here technologies, a leading B2B mapping service provider. AWS provides an extremely reliable infrastructure for solution deployment. Along with that, AWS also offers the latest in cloud computing to help us scale easily. Along with this, Here technologies help us with specific data requirements which are not otherwise accessible to the general public. This helps us in building a better platform that offers more accurate results.
5. How do digital logistics chains differ from traditional ones?
Digital logistics plays an instrumental part in the visibility, agility and resilience of supply chain management – the backbone of trade. From something as basic as monitoring inventory to magnanimous tasks like carving out significant time, distance and cost in bringing products to the consumer, this is how digital logistics is better than the traditional way-
- Connectivity – Enabling seamless and swift communication between suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and consumers, the digital supply chain reduces the margin of error by building cohesive, technology-backed, collaborative partnerships across the entire supply chain.
- Agility and accuracy – Chiselling out the leeway for analogue errors, Digital supply chains feature effective risk assessment and prompt decision making all while computing umpteen variables to provide effective solutions. Besides this, the digital supply chain boosts superlative quality control by helping the concerned parties monitor and track the process in real-time.
- Demand and supply management – A digital supply chain enumerates demand and supply backed by data obtained from your supply chain insights to help companies forecast production, warehousing and last-mile delivery.
6. Lastly, what are the major trends that are shaping the future digital logistics platform?
AI and Machine learning. Automation and robotics are the keys to the future and AI will shape the future digital logistics platform, especially in a country like India where the demographics and conditions and so varied and technology adoption is in its nascent stage.