Atlassian Doubles Down on Employee Experience at Scale
The company aims to target ITSM with new additions to Jira Service Management
Atlassian Corporation Plc (NASDAQ:TEAM), a leading provider of team collaboration and productivity software and the maker of Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket, has announced a host of new features to supercharge modern operations and support teams at the High-Velocity ITSM event in London.
These new features aim to help DevOps, IT, support, and business teams to work together seamlessly. Many of these capabilities are already live, with others slated to ship early next year.
Deliver Showstopping Service Experiences:
A host of updates will help supercharge teams to provide exceptional support to employees and customers:
- Pre-built templates for Marketing, Finance, and Analytics teams. These templates join an existing roster across HR, Facilities, Legal, and Customer Service, enabling business teams to quickly and easily build workflows to handle everything from campaign kick-offs to financial reporting requests.
- Low-code / no-code and embedded forms. Users will have the ability to connect forms deeply within other parts of Atlassian products like Trello, Confluence, or even Atlas.
- Enhanced employee portal view. Gather and present useful information and links together into topics on the front page of your help center. From knowledge base articles in Confluence, actions in Workday, getting started guides on YouTube, and from Jira Service Management.
- Chat for all. Conversational ticketing, or the ability for employees to open a support ticket from directly within Slack or Microsoft Teams, is now available in all Jira Service Management plans, including Free.
- Early access for virtual agent technology. Following Atlassian’s acquisition of Percept.ai, virtual agent capabilities which will make their way into Jira Service Management. Atlassian is kicking off an early access program for a limited number of customers next month.
Accelerate Dev + IT Workflows:
Atlassian announces enhancements to further streamline work across teams.
- Incident response on-the-go. Teams can receive new mobile device alerts, edit on-call schedules, escalate major incidents, swarm and update teams on timeline and notify stakeholders – all via mobile device.
- Post-incident review templates. Simplify PIRs by automatically populating a pre-built template that pulls in all the key information from an incident. Quickly export to Confluence for discussion and further collaboration.
- Smart links for PIRs. What’s even cooler with PIRs in Confluence is the ability to embed key information like flow charts or crisis comms diagrams from tools like Miro, Mural, or Figma directly into those PIR templates.
- Automatic change requests for GitHub, GitLab. Say goodbye to manual change requests across Bitbucket, Jenkins, CircleCI, Octopus Deploy, and now GitHub and GitLab with a growing list of supported CI/CD tools.
Service Management at Scale:
Atlassian is working hard at the platform level to ensure its solution supports the largest of enterprise customers.
- 20K agents and 3M assets. In 2023, Atlassian is looking to expand the upper limits of both agent and asset counts. Support for 10K agents is entering early access in the coming months.
- Data residency support for Australia, EU, Germany, and United States. Customers will have a single control point for ensuring Jira Service Management is geographically located where it needs to be. The roadmap for supported regions in the future includes the UK, Japan, France, and Canada.
Over 45,000 global customers like Lufthansa, The Telegraph, Sony Music Publishing, and The Very Group rely on Jira Service Management to provide right-sized solutions and incredible value for enterprises across incident management, asset management, service request management and connecting development and operations teams.
Atlassian unleashes the potential of every team. Our team collaboration and productivity software help teams organize, discuss, and complete shared work. Teams at more than 240,000 customers, across large and small organizations – including Bank of America, Redfin, NASA, Verizon, and Dropbox – use Atlassian’s project tracking, content creation and sharing, and service management products to work better together and deliver quality results on time. Learn more about our products, including Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Management, Trello, Bitbucket, and Jira Align at https://atlassian.com/.