Rajesh Maurya, Regional Vice President, India & SAARC at Fortinet
“Distributed cloud and on-premises infrastructures introduce new risks to the expanding digital attack surface. This is why it’s especially crucial for organizations to implement consistent security and centralized management across the entire infrastructure. Fortinet provides this through the Fortinet Security Fabric and today we’re announcing extending our Security Fabric’s cloud security offerings to Google Cloud. Through our extended collaboration, we’re providing customers advanced cloud security across regions, office locations and environments.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced extended integration of its cloud security portfolio with Google Cloud to offer customers migrating to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) advanced security for their workloads and applications. The tightened integration is comprised of a new reference architecture helping customers connect distributed branches to GCP with Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution and the availability of Fortinet’s FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service in the Google Cloud Marketplace.
Gartner expects that by the end of 2019, more than 30 percent of technology providers’ new software investments will shift from cloud-first to cloud-only. As cloud continues to become mainstream for organizations, security can’t be an afterthought. Organizations adopting cloud face the reality of their digital attack surface widening, which introduces new risks if multi-cloud security isn’t consistent across the network infrastructure. This is coupled with fragmented management systems that compromise visibility across on-premises and cloud environments.
Fortinet is collaborating with Google Cloud to alleviate these challenges for end users by integrating its cloud security solutions with GCP. Fortinet’s cloud security portfolio is managed by a single management system as part of its Fortinet Security Fabric, providing IT teams with comprehensive visibility and consolidated management across the growing attack surface.
Advancing Security and Accelerating the Cloud On-Ramp
Working with Google Cloud, Fortinet will provide the following:
- Fortinet has introduced a reference architecture for customers to connect facilities to GCP with Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution. Fortinet’s unique Secure SD-WAN approach tightly integrates security and SD-WAN functionality into a single offering. Using this reference architecture, customers can design and build cloud on-ramp solutions for GCP, providing secure high-speed connectivity across Google Anthos deployments on-premise and in GCP, as well as SSL inspection for office connectivity through the Fortinet Secure SD-WAN solution. Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution gives customers enhanced user experience and optimized WAN management across various locations at a lower cost without compromising security.
- Fortinet FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service is now available on Google Cloud Platform. FortiWeb WAF-as-a-Service offers easy and effective machine learning-enabled security for GCP based web applications and offers advanced zero-day attack protection, as well as easy fine-tuning of security policies and protection of web resources. Customers can now rapidly protect applications through instant activation of Fortinet’s Cloud WAF solution directly from the GCP marketplace. Fortinet already provides the FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer and FortiWeb products on GCP as part of its cloud security portfolio.
- Fortinet’s FortiCWP will integrate with GCP’s Cloud Security Command Center to provide advanced workload protection and visibility. Leveraging Fortinet’s FortiGuard-based threat intelligence, FortiCWP will conduct deep analysis of activities and data in GCP to enable customer to detect threats or anomalies. This will allow IT teams to respond with instant remediation. Google Cloud Security Command Center integration with FortiCWP is expected to be available in early Q1 2020.
Google Cloud Platform is a member of the Fortinet Fabric-Ready Partner program, a premium category of Fortinet’s technology alliance partnerships and a key part of the Fortinet Security Fabric. In addition, Fortinet joined the Google Cloud Advanced Security Specialization to further collaborate in enabling customers to take advantage of cloud security’s benefits.
“We’re delighted to expand our partnership with Fortinet to deliver tightly integrated security solutions to our joint customers. With Fortinet’s new SD-WAN reference architecture and support for Anthos, customers will be able to securely move their data from on-prem to the cloud, between data centers, or to a hybrid environment with the highest levels of security and protection.”
- Manvinder Singh, Director, Partnerships at Google Cloud.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service is now available on Google Cloud Platform in this blog.
- Read more about Fortinet’s Dynamic Cloud Security for Google Cloud Platform here.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s cloud security customer momentum.
- Find out how Fortinet’s Security Fabricdelivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital attack surface from IoT to the edge, network core and to multi-clouds.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs and the FortiGuard Security Services portfolio.
- Learn more about the FortiGuard Security Rating Service, which provides security audits and best practices.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Network Security Expert program, Network Security Academy program, and FortiVets program.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network – today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 425,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2019 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet’s trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppMonitor, FortiASIC, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCamera, FortiCASB, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFone, FortiCarrier, FortiHypervisor, FortiInsight, FortiIsolator, FortiMail, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPlanner, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiSandbox, FortiSIEM, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Disclaimer: The story is in the form of a Press Release and has not been edited or reviewed for language or content. The content is published in the form that it was received by the editors after removing certain personal information such as contact numbers and emails. CXOToday.com is not responsible for the veracity of this content