– Partners with PMS Bazaar to offer a comprehensive platform for PMS investing
– Paytm Money’s large HNI base who need assistance managing their investments can now use PMS, becoming an important revenue source for the company
– Offers a tech-driven marketplace with 360-degree approach with direct comparison of different PMS providers and their strategies
– Democratizes PMS investing by offering historical performance data of schemes which is otherwise unavailable publicly
– Investors can schedule a call directly with advisors to get an in-depth understanding of the schemes, keeping the process personalized
– Continues to focus on HNI investors with varied offerings for investments
India’s leading digital ecosystem for consumers and merchants (1) Paytm today announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Paytm Money has launched PMS Marketplace for HNI Investors. The marketplace has been launched in partnership with PMS Bazaar, an innovative Portfolio Management Services (PMS) advisory startup. The platform offers a highly transparent and comprehensive analysis of all PMS schemes, making it a trustworthy platform for HNI investors.
Portfolio Management Services (PMS) is an investment service offered to HNIs with SEBI mandating a minimum investment of INR 50 Lakhs. As the investment amount is large, investors prefer to assess their options in detail before making the final decision. There are many PMS schemes offered by different management companies and it is time-consuming for investors to evaluate each scheme. Moreover, not all performance details are publicly available making comparison difficult.
PMS Marketplace offers key parameters for each scheme such as total assets, inception date, benchmark, and fund manager details. The funds listing section shows the performance of schemes over multiple time horizons and against benchmarks. As a result, investors can objectively compare the schemes, making their investment journey simple and transparent. Investors can schedule a call with advisors to understand the investment process and risks. Thus the marketplace leverages technology to offer a 360-degree view of all schemes on a single platform while also giving a personalized understanding of individual schemes.
Focuses on HNI investors with innovative offerings: Paytm Money had earlier introduced a feature for users to apply in IPOs as an HNI investor. PMS Marketplace is yet another step in catering to the needs of HNI investors. These investors are typically more active in financial markets and their investment size is significant. So, the introduction of PMS Marketplace will help further monetize existing HNI users of Direct Mutual funds, FNO and equity and attract more HNI investors, consequently increasing the revenues of Paytm Money.
Varun Sridhar, CEO, Paytm Money said, “At Paytm Money we have leveraged technology to make investing & trading efficient and transparent. Extending the same to HNI investors, we have partnered PMS Bazaar to launch PMS Marketplace, offering a one-stop shop. The availability of data, tech-led product, direct access to PMS experts leading to greater trust will get us closer to making Paytm Money, India’s most preferred wealth management platform.”
R Pallavarajan, Founder & Director, PMS Bazaar said, “This one-of-a-kind strategic tie-up will leapfrog the penetration of PMS investments in India. Paytm Money’s reach combined with PMS Bazaar’s distribution muscle will herald a new dawn in the PMS space. Apart from distribution, PMS Bazaar’s award-winning content will help nurture investors and deliver new actionable insights, thus boosting industry growth.”
PMS Marketplace will be available to select users followed by complete rollout.
(1) Source: Report titled “The Digital Transformation of Payments and Financial Services in India” dated July 15, 2021, prepared by RedSeer Management Consulting Private Limited.