Technology has become an integral of every industry today. Without it, not only can these industries not function properly but their vary existence would be threatened as well.
The pace of change and the scale on which it occurs have never been greater before. Modern technology is not only changing our world, but also changing the individuals who are adapting to these advancements at an exponential rate with each passing year.
Technology has always majorly been a male-dominated industry for centuries. That is the reason why do we still see so few women in positions of power? As per the statistical data , only 25% of technical leadership roles are held by women at tech companies like Google, Microsoft, and Facebook. The outlook may have improved, but there is still much, much progress to be made.
Every individual is experiencing a ‘modern life’ today from computer processing power to increasing exponentially, data storage becoming cheaper & more accessible devices like smartphones store photos or videos everything has been made life super interactive and smart by technology.
The idea that women don’t want to pursue science and technology is a commonly held belief throughout our society. The domestic duties often associated with female can make high demanding roles difficult for someone who must have spent hours every day taking care not just themselves or loved ones – they’re juggling everything from cooking to taking care of children and families and other domestic duties.
However, women in tech do matters, and their participation is needed more and more in technology oriented workplaces –
- Who says women can only work in low-profitability industries like education or healthcare? Women are dominating the world of business with so called “femtech” startups. These businesses have a big potential and make profit margins that suit most people’s needs, which is why they’re projected to grow exponentially over time! With women controlling 60% of finances and making 80 percent or more purchasing decisions the number of such women led startups are increasing day by day!
- Women have a great deal of experience in both personal and professional matters. They are natural problem solvers, whether it be resolving disputes with their partners or figuring out how best to raise children while still remaining productive at work – women can do anything!
- Women are a minority in the design world, and as such they often find themselves suffering from cyber bullying or fake news. This could be because women have less control over what goes in the design process. This can be prevented if women had a greater voice in the design from day one.
- Compared to their counterparts, high-gender-diversity businesses have delivered somewhat greater returns and outperformed less diverse companies.
- When women are present in the workplace, it sparks creativity and variety of thought. Their differing perspectives contribute significantly to problem solving skills which is essential for high-performance business units
The future of our country lies in the hands, both big and small. If we want more women to get involved with science-and technology than ever before then it’s time for change now! Not only, technicians or engineers; there is room on this planet for every kind person who wants something exceptional–whether they be engineers coding sophisticated software or entrepreneurs building valuable and profitable start-ups! We need to merge technology and women, that is where the future belongs.
(The author is Ms. Neha Rastogi, Founder and COO Agatsa, and the views expressed in this article are her own)