1. What is QuickWork’s unique offering and how does it differentiate itself from its competitors?
A. Today, CXOs of large enterprises anywhere in the world who have been tasked to lead digital transformations face a common challenge – how do you integrate various applications and systems that are used within an organization so they can communicate with each other seamlessly?
The next challenge faced by CXOs is around integrating with on-premise and legacy systems. Legacy systems are an important part of any enterprise’s day-to-day operations, but they often lack the flexibility and technological advancements needed to keep up with modern business needs. This can be especially true when integrating existing legacy applications into a new environment where upgrading or changing these outdated platforms would disrupt current workstreams in ways that were previously difficult if not impossible due their high costs associated with transitioning away from them.
It has become necessary for many companies, therefore, to integrate such aged software alongside more recent systems and applications, so as best accommodate both old and newer processes simultaneously while also ensuring maximum efficiency across departments.
QuickWork helps solve both the problems mentioned above with its versatile integration platform designed ‘to make integrations simple’ for citizen- and professional- developers within enterprises. With a rich library of 1,500+ apps pre-integrated, platform architecture designed to work in real-time and integrations made possible with both on-cloud and on-premise systems and apps, QuickWork differentiates from other integration players by becoming the platform of choice for fintech, messaging, IoT and supply chain companies.
2. How this startup helps enterprises to build simple and complex workflows?
A. Most integration platforms allow building simple 3-4 steps workflows using less than three applications. Such platforms can only cater to SMEs or use cases that are very simple.
A growing enterprise embarking on a digital transformation initiative faces a real challenge when complex workflows have to be built along with sophisticated business logic to achieve an outcome. Most enterprises use 70+ applications for various purposes within the organisation, where these applications need to be integrated so that they can exchange data with each other.
In such cases, QuickWork offers the ability to build workflows with 1,000s of steps involving 100s of applications with ease, while supporting an easy to create and change set of rules or business logic embedded at various stages of such workflows.
3. Strategies for a CXO to achieve the integration objectives?
A. For a CXO looking to achieve integration objectives, QuickWork recommends the following –
- Avoid the trap of trying to build and manage integrations in-house. Engineering talent shortage, costs and gaps in skill sets can disrupt or delay digital transformation programs undertaken by the enterprise.
- Look for a flexible integration platform with top applications pre-integrated and readily available so that the enterprise can choose and work with any application and version of its choice.
- Seek the capability to process workflow transactions in real-time through the integration platform, since even milliseconds of transaction delays can compromise and dilute the end user experience for the enterprise.
- Ask for infinite scalability of the infrastructure behind the integration platform, to meet your current and future growth needs without having to worry about investing in infrastructure yourself.
- Check for compliance and certification status of the integration platform around information security and privacy, so that it meets or crosses all enterprise-class benchmarks.
4. This is how QuickWork’s ARR looks like?
A.QuickWork is growing rapidly and is projected to cross an ARR of $3 Million by the end of year 2022.
5. How QuickWork helps you convert any workflow into an API with its single click API Management
A. QuickWork enables a user to convert any workflow whether simple or complex, into a set of shareable APIs in one click using the API Management capability.
Creating a set of secure and shareable APIs makes it extremely easy for the enterprise to offer these APIs to their vendors, partners and other stakeholders in their ecosystem and integrate with them quickly.
6. What is the need for system and application integration for any enterprise?
A. The demand for system and application integration has increased exponentially recently as organizations strive to become more agile and efficient. Integration provides the ability to connect disparate software applications and systems, enabling data to flow freely between them. This can have a transformative effect on businesses by allowing them to unlock the full potential of their technology investments. By establishing and automating API-based workflows and ecosystems, companies can significantly enhance team productivity and increase their reach to scale revenue. System and application integration is a fundamental part of enterprise integration. By understanding the need for this integration, enterprises can unlock a world of growth opportunities.
7. What are the leading trends that supported your growth?
A. We are growing rapidly!
- Our users are present in 140+ countries.
- We are serving 100+ enterprises in diverse verticals like banking, fintech, pharma, ecommerce, manufacturing, real estate, and others.
- Our infrastructure has processed 25 Billion+ app transactions and is executing 5,000+ transactions per second.
- The number of applications pre-integrated on our platform continues to grow with the current number at 1,500.