ViewLift is a full-service digital content distribution platform empowering media companies, sports leagues and teams, broadcasters and others to monetize their content through native branded apps on major OTT devices including web, mobile, TV-connected devices, Smart TVs and gaming consoles. ViewLift operates across the digital ecosystem, understanding each device’s unique requirements and best practices. ViewLift offers clients a range of monetization models on a proprietary platform with advanced analytics, tracking performance in real-time.
In India, ViewLift is the enabler for the extremely popular OTT platform for Bengali Content – Hoichoi, among others such as Kanccha Lannka and Oho Gujarati. Mr. Manik Bambha, President & Co-founder at ViewLift, share more insights on the same
- Could you give us a brief on the company, its specialization and services that ViewLift offers?
ViewLift is a global business-to-business software company that offers clients end-to-end on-demand and live video streaming solutions, globally across web and all major over-the-top devices. We have created and operate applications (digital channels) native to each device platform for content owners in sports, entertainment, broadcasting, publishing, fitness, gaming and more. ViewLift offers an all-inclusive video platform to deploy ready-made as well as customized streaming services for live and on-demand video and related content. ViewLift’s proprietary IP constitutes a full tech-stack, providing extensive functionality at a reduced time to market.
ViewLift’s distribution and monetization platform consists of cloud-based content management and video management systems, flexible monetization models(AVOD, SVOD, TVOD and hybrids), user identity management, AppCMS and dozens of purpose-built services ready for new client deployment, and real-time analytics. It also allows integrations with ad-serving, ticketing, marketing and customer contact, e-commerce, event planning & other third-party tools.
- How many countries do you operate in and what are the plans for future geographical expansion? How has your expansion been in the Indian market and who are your clients here?
ViewLift operates globally. We have a strong presence in USA, Asia and India.
In India we are the technology partner for Hoichoi, one of the earliest and most successful OTT services for a regional language in the country. Since then, ViewLift has powered some of the leading D2C VOD services in India and APAC. Some of the clients include Hoichoi, Oho Gujarati, Kanccha Lannka and Chorki (from Bangladesh).
- Seamless OTT platforms with great content is a must have nowadays. How are you leveraging your technology platform to offer services to your customers?
ViewLift offers end-to-end solutions for content across industries, be it sports, entertainment, broadcasting, publishing, fitness or gaming, that can help our clients go to market at a very short time with extensive feature sets. Our advanced monetization module helps our clients test different revenue models (AVOD, SVOD, PPV, FAST, TVOD and Hybrid) and use the one that works for them.
- With tough competition from OTT streaming platforms like Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney+HotStar, what is your growth strategy in an overly cluttered market?
We are technology support providers and don’t compete with any service providers. Our clients offer their own unique content and consumer solutions to audiences who are passionate about the specific topics – they are not competing with general entertainment services.
- Who is your typical customer? Can you mention a few examples of clients/work that you have done/are doing and what has been the impact of the same?
Typically our customers are sports leagues and club/team owners, production houses and distribution companies, TV station groups and broadcasting companies. Some of our key clients are:
- Media & Emtertainment: Hoichoi, MyoutdoorTV, Here TV, Marquee TV, Chorki, etc.
- Sports: Supercross, Professional Fighters League, LNP, MotoAmerica, Buzzer, etc.
- Broadcasting: TEGNA, Nexstar Media Group, KSL TV, etc.
- How does ViewLift empower media and broadcast companies and sports leagues providers? What strategies does it employ to do it?
We offer live and low latency streaming solutions for sports with advanced interactive user engagement, sports innovations such as gambling & betting. We also provide SaaS support to Monumental Sports & Entertainment – one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the US owning teams like NBA, NHL, WNBA, and PFL, Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro (Italian pro basketball), MotoAmerica, Buzzer, Supercross, among others.
For broadcasters, we offer Live and 24×7 linear streaming services with several built-in features like news widget, weather widget and integration with major ad networks and exchange platforms for AVOD monetization. Some of our broadcasting clients are TEGNA, Nexstar Media Group, KSL TV, to name a few.
- With high potential customers, how does ViewLift convince them to opt for their services?
Our clients are keen to focus on the content and grow their audience. They seek necessary marketing support to connect with their audience base. We offer technical expertise and a comprehensive solution that can get them quickly to market, scale as they build their business and is responsive to their specific needs. It is a challenge to reach out to viewers across the full universe of OTT devices, as each one of them have different technology and operating standards. With our ability to do so, we have created a platform that offers great value our clients.